Supporting families through the development and reinforcement of positive behaviors.
IMPACT’s Behavior Therapists support children and their families in strengthening positive behaviors and eliminating or reducing problem behaviors. Behavior therapists also provide direct intervention, parent training, and teacher education with regards to the patient’s individual behavior therapy programs.
If you have been referred for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA, Behavior Therapy), IMPACT Therapy will request the Comprehensive Developmental Evaluation (CDE) or Medicaid Evaluation noting formal diagnosis before services can begin.
If your insurance is Medicaid, the CDE or Medicaid Report must be completed by a neurologist, psychiatrist, psychologist, or developmental pediatrician.
What should you expect during the evaluation process?
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment time to complete the New Patient Paperwork
- At least one parent must attend the therapist’s evaluation with their child
- The therapist will discuss assessment outcomes and recommendations with the parent
- Once the evaluation is complete, the report, or Plan of Care, will be sent to the child’s primary care provider for signature
- Once IMPACT Therapy receives the signed Plan of Care, it will be sent to insurance for authorization
- Following authorization for the recommended therapy, the patient will be placed in a permanent weekly therapy time slot or on the waitlist