Speech therapy works with your child to build better communication abilities.
IMPACT Therapy’s Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) specialize in the development of communication, language, articulation, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), social skills, feeding, and oral motor planning. The SLP team at IMPACT Therapy is knowledgeable and experienced in a variety of disorders including, but not limited to, language disorders, apraxia, hearing impairments, autism, Down syndrome, and a variety of neurological and genetic disorders. Our SLP team also work with the child and their caregivers to increase the child’s ability to communicate at home, school, and during daily routines.
How can speech therapy help?
Speech Therapy at IMPACT Therapy provides evaluations, intervention, and consultation in the following areas:
- Expressive language
- Receptive language
- Oral motor
- Augmentative Assisted Communication Devices
- Pragmatic/Social skills
What should you expect during the evaluation process?
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment time to complete the New Patient Paperwork
- At least one parent must attend the therapist’s evaluation with their child
- The therapist will discuss assessment outcomes and recommendations with the parent
- Once the evaluation is complete, the report, or Plan of Care, will be sent to the child’s primary care provider for signature
- Once IMPACT Therapy receives the signed Plan of Care, it will be sent to insurance for authorization
- Following authorization for the recommended therapy, the patient will be placed in a permanent weekly therapy time slot or on the waitlist